10 THINGS YOU DIDN’T REALIZE YOUR DANCE TEACHER / STUDIO DOES…
1. They scroll through HOURS upon HOURS of music choices to find the perfect songs for class and performances. These songs don't just 'appear' in iTunes. It takes hours to find music that is just the right fit for a successful learning or performing experience.
2. They found the right song, but its 5 minutes, not 2 ½ minutes so the music needs to be edited. If you yourself haven't yet tried to cut music to make it sound like the song was actually recorded like that... don't! Its painstaking and tricky and often takes HOURS.
3. COSTUMES! Choosing over 50 unique costumes per season that are age appropriate that the kids like, sourcing reputable and quality products, finding the best price for the parents, making sure all students costumes are ordered on time and correctly…HOURS!
4. Most dance teachers with families RARELY get a chance to sit at the dinner table and enjoy family time. They eat on the run, take out, or reheat. Children of dance teachers are usually already in bed before their parent gets home.
5. Clever choreography, creative patterning and artistic direction is HOURS of preparation. Making sure that spacing will work, that choreography is current, creative and challenging for the dancer requires vision and preparedness. Choreography is a product of the dance teacher’s own creativity and hard work.
6. They worry, they stress and they don't sleep (just like you!) for HOURS the night before a competition, an exam, a concert or a show. No dance teacher wants you to fail, they want you to be amazing.
7. They push through the pain of injury and old age ;). Who has time for the knee replacement that they so desperately need when HOURS of preparation are needed for exams in only 2 months. Nights of restless legs and aching feet, the type of pain that really could only be fixed if one could employ a masseur 5 nights a week.
8. Dance teachers put HOURS of time and lots of energy towards the success of their ‘studio family’. This usually means that their own kids and families are often forced to give up time with their parent and need to adjust their own personal choices. Plus, their kids have to be at the studio for long HOURS while their parents work.
9. They want every one of their students to succeed. They may raise their voice and speak passionately, but they do it with the best of intentions. Dance teachers spend HOURS encouraging their students to kick, turn, jump, and split better so that the students get a feeling of confidence and accomplishment. They challenge and encourage your kids to be the very best version of themselves every single day.
10. They appreciate each studio family for being part of their community. They are thankful that you chose their studio, and thankful that you have trusted them to guide and enrich the life of your child. They genuinely love teaching, love what they do, and love dance enough to want your child love it too.
To find out more about what makes Encore Studios a unique dance experience for your family, please visit our website at www.encoreperformer.com.